Seasons for Growth Grief Education (SfGGE) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be handled or processed by us. Personal data is any information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as a name, address, phone number or email address. It is important that you read the full Policy to understand what information we hold and how we may use it.
The Policy in Brief:
- We collect information that is either personal data (as outlined above) or non-personal data (such as IP addresses, webpages accessed, etc.);
- We collect information about groups and individuals that apply to us for training
- We collect information to provide services including events, goods, or information and to fundraise;
- We only collect the information that we need;
- We do our very best to keep personal information secure;
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another organisation for marketing purposes;
- We only share data where we are required by law;
- We share individual/group applications with panel/committee members;
Seasons for Growth Grief Education operates one website:
This Policy applies to our website, online application forms, use of emails and phone calls for marketing purposes, and any other methods we use to collect information. It covers what the Seasons for Growth Grief Education collects and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
What information does the Seasons for Growth Grief Education collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information that we need – including data that will be useful when assessing grant, bursary and award applications and information to help improve our services, including organising events. We collect two kinds of information:
- Non-personal information, such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), webpages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our websites and how many people visit on a regular or repeat basis. This information doesn’t tell us any personal information about you. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our services.
- Personal information, such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), employer and job title, and any donations you have made to the Seasons for Growth Grief Education.
We collect this information in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, applications to attend Seasons for Growth Grief Education events. Seasons for Growth Grief Education programme, grant, bursary and award applications, feedback and donations including legacies. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more appropriate service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the websites.
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
- fulfil your requests – such as applications for training and fulfil orders
- process donations or other payments and verify financial transactions;
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites – this could include customising the content and/or layout of our pages for individual users;
- record any contact we have with you;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- communicate with our supporters, donors and grant holders;
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
Using your information for marketing purposes
In line with the Fundraising Regulator rules, Seasons for Growth Grief Education aims to communicate via ‘opt-in only’ communications by May 2018. This means that, as of May 2018, we only send marketing information to people who have specifically said that they agree to us doing this, and we will only do so in the way(s) they have agreed to.
Marketing information covers information about our work, fundraising communications, activities and information about specific appeals including activities organised by any partner charities.
As of May 2018, only those people who have opted in will receive these communications. If you want to receive this information but haven’t opted in, you can do so by emailing email@example.com
You can ask to change your communication preferences at any time by contacting the Seasons for Growth Grief Education charity directly via the contact details above.
Please note, we will only share written or photographic case studies of individuals or groups in any Seasons for Growth Grief Education media if we have obtained your specific consent to do this, in advance. Each trained ‘companion’ will only collect data on group they support for the duration of that group to evaluate progress of an individual or group. Information shared with Seasons for Growth Grief Education will be through a unique reference number. Therefore, Seasons for Growth Grief Education will not hold personal information on the individual being supported by a trained ‘companion’ unless permission to share has been sought by the individual by the ‘companion’.
Storing your information
Information is stored by us on computers located in the United Kingdom. However, please be aware that your information may be transmitted via or stored on cloud-based computer systems that may use servers outside the UK or the European Economic Area.
We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our supporters, applicants, customers and donors. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control, we will use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is never completely secure and whilst we take every measure possible to protect the security of your information, we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred across the internet.
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with us, to inform our grant/bursary decision making, in the case of job applicants, or otherwise to comply with relevant laws in operation, or to ensure we do not communicate with people that have asked us not to.
Sharing your information
We will only share your information if we are legally required to do so, for example by an organisation legitimately exercising a legal power or if compelled to do so by an order of the Court, or with our legal or insurance providers as part of a litigation process.
We also work with other partner organisations that may carry out work on our behalf or to carry out contractual obligations, for example mailing houses, event venues and IT specialists. The kind of work we may ask them to do includes processing information, delivering newsletters or other posted items, answering questions about products or services, carrying out research and processing card payments.
We will only pass personal data to other organisations (‘data processors’) if we have an agreement in place that requires them to:
- abide by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- treat your information as carefully as we would do;
- use the information for the purposes for which it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or the purposes of any other organisation);
- allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things.
What we won’t do with your information
We will never sell, exchange or share your information with other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Please note that our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to any linked websites.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. These include:
- the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing;
- the right of access to a copy of the information we hold about you (known as a subject access request).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the Office Manager, Seasons for Growth Grief Education Limited, Bay Lodge 36 Harefield Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 1PH.
For more information about your rights under the GDPR, go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk .
Any changes we make to this Policy will be posted on this page.